Monday, January 11, 2010

And day becomes night.

     I figured with the new year, I would try my hand at this blog thing.  Usually Kate does our blogging, but with my new schedule I have a little free time at work.  As the title may indicate, I am now working the night shift.  I am officially the only person in my command that works the "Mid" shift, so things are a bit quieter for me.  This is my second night on the shift, and I have been fortunate enough to not fall asleep yet. 

     Life has been a bit interesting with me working Mids and Kate working during the day.  I get in about the time that Kate is taking Lulu out for her morning walk.  Lulu and I get to watch her work out before I take Kate to the Metro station.  All in all, we get a little family time at the very beginning and the very end of my day.  The one down side right now is getting up halfway through my "night" to feed Lulu and take her out for her "necessary".

    With luck, I will adjust quickly to this new way of life.  It shouldn't be that difficult, because as some of you know this is not my first experience with shift work.  Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment