Thursday, September 9, 2010

Duty Station? What's that?

So I know a couple of months ago I posted that Fort Belvoir would remain our Duty Station with the new command standing up and all. Well....it appears that we are back to not knowing where we will be. Thank you Army :)

Given the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) constraints at Fort Belvoir, the new command does not have as much room as it is demanding, and Fort Meade, MD does. My inside source at Fort Belvoir planning says that part of the command may move to Fort Meade but the section James would be with will stay at Fort Belvoir. Now the rumor in James' office is that the entire command will move next summer.

Every one's orders have been put on hold until this decision is made. With the command standing up officially on October 1, 2010, I am hoping that by the end of the month they will have made a decision.

All I know is that I don't want to move....even to Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment