Thursday, May 13, 2010

Has it been a month? Update time!

Has it really been a month since I last posted?! I've got to get better about this. Here are the updates bullet point style:
  • Dara and I took a trip to the Big Easy mid April to celebrate her birthday. It was the first time for both of us in New Orleans. And we loved it! Such a great city. You can skip Bourbon Street (even worse than Duval Street in Key West, FL) and still have a great time. I have posted my photos here if you want to take a look. I am still working on adding captions and locations. Dara and I want to go back and accomplish and see all the things we were unable to see this past trip. It will be another fun filled weekend I'm sure. Hightlights were Coop's Place on Decater, Cuvee on Magazine, Mardi Gras World, St. Louis Cemetery #1, and seeing the mighty Mississippi River.
  • My mom came up for a visit the first weekend in May.
  • I got a wicked head cold/sinus infection that I have been battling since April 27th. I think I am finally on the mend.
  • I went to New York City for work on April 29th. The meeting was really bad but I got to see Mary Kate (sans family) and she let me drink my way back to Penn Station. It was fabulous.
  • James' command had a picnic on May 7th and James came in first place in the fishing competition under the catfish category! Go James!
  • We traded in the Escape for a Ford Freestyle I have named Lola (the Land Yacht). She's my "mom car" and I love her. Leather seats, dual climate control, third row seating, I could go on and on about how cool she is. But I won't....we all love it, expect Lulu is still getting used to it.
  • Our garden is planted and bulbs are in the ground. And we already have a squash growing!!!! I need to buy some new plants as ones I planted have died off for some reason. I think it is the liner of the basket.
  • I have begun Operation Green Light at Dara's. Her birthday present this year was a "green" present. My manual labor to clean, organize, and plant the flowerbeds in her front lawn. She's a trooper but is very thankful for my labor. I need to take some photos to chronicle that journey.
  • Joseph celebrated his 11th birthday on Saturday! We all went to see Iron Man 2 and ate dinner at Red, Hot, and Blue which is one of Joe's favorite resturants. We bought him pads and a helmet for his skateboarding adventures.
  • I celebrated my birthday this week too. I don't mind my birthday, I just don't like celebrating it. But at the last minute I decided I wanted to go hit golf balls at Top Golf and drink beer. Many couldn't make it due to the last minute invite, but I had a good time none-the-less!
Okay, sorry for dropping off the blog for a month. I will try and do better. I swear!

2 comments:

  1. About time, woman. Tell James to step it up a notch, too! Glad to hear that you are enjoying spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get on when I can ma'am, but I don't have as much to blog about as my better half. I live a simple life.

    ReplyDelete