Monday, June 14, 2010

Beware of the speed camera.....

Saturday night I was leafing through the mail and found an envelope addressed to me from the District of Columbia. Strange. Why would they be mailing me something? Turns out it was a speeding ticket! From a speed camera! On I-295! Around Exit 2. From Friday, June 4, 2010, at 6:38 PM.

I couldn't believe it. But there was a picture of Lola and my license plate and everything. It seems I was going 61 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. Now I am not denying that I was most likely going around 60 MPH at that place in time. No one does the speed limit on this stretch of I-295. Which of course doesn't justify speeding. I was on my way to pick up the boys trying to get to Baltimore-Washington Parkway and get ahead of the traffic; which is always a nightmare on Friday evenings.

No way I could get out of this ticket and no points were being put on my license. So this morning I wrote a check (for $125) and mailed it. But it still erks me that I got a ticket in my mail.

So for those of you travel on I-295 in the District.....beware of the speed camera....it will get you when you least expect it. Or just travel in a pack of cars. The information on the camera said it couldn't work if there were multiple cars present!

No comments:

Post a Comment