Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hey You Guys!!!!

Can you believe that this month in 1985 The Goonies hit the big screen?! One of my all time favorites hands down. And luckily enough even Jaime and Joe like it too. The torch has been passed!

Check out a great article from The Washington Post on a weekend in Astoria, OR celebrating the film!

Funny enough? I have been to Astoria myself. In fall of 2005 I was in Portland for a conference. My friend Serena and I made a trek along the coast and ended up in Asotria. But it didn't really hit me where I was until we were up in the Asotria Column (and yes I walked up all 164 steps to see such an amazing view!). And then I was floored. And had a great blueberry beer at a local resturant (which if my memory serves me correct is Wet Dog Cafe). And the beach was amazing! Unlike any beach I had been on before. I went before I had a digital camera, so I have to drum up my old photos and negatives and see about getting them transfered. While we had sun/blue skies, three days later a friend went on the a conference sponsered tour, and it was cold, wet, and cloudy. We were so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment