Monday, July 19, 2010

Holy Ghost Tent Revival

James, the boys, and I went to our second free concert through Fairfax County Summer Entertainment series last week, this time to see Holy Ghost Tent Revival. Billed as not being one type of music or another I remembered seeing this band's name for a festival last fall in Maryland with Scythian. So I was intrigued and wanted to hear more. The park listed Holy Ghost Tent Revival as "Indie/Americana." And I would tend to agree. It was a little bit of everything and I loved it! I bought both of their CDs and haven't stopped listening since.


The sound wasn't the best, but the venue allowed us to bring Lulu and have dinner outside at gloaming. It was pretty awesome. The boys didn't care much for the music and went and to explore the playground. We forgot to bring a water bowl for Lulu (bad parents we are!) but the park provided one. We will remedy that this week since we are going to see the Steep Canynon Rangers this Thursday. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment