Monday, November 22, 2010

Okay...now you are just taunting me.....

I have had a dream for almost a decade. That dream is to own a Mini Cooper. A dream chili red Mini with contrasting white roof and side mirrors. Her dream name is Evie.

I have fought this dream first when I was in grad school and couldn't afford squat without running up my credit card debt. Then in Georgia where I was paying off grad/undergrad school loans and credit cards. And then in Virginia where I am just to fiscally responsible to take a car loan on my own while paying off grad/undergrad school and having a family. That and while I always drive manual in my dreams (always, I swear to you), I have never actually learned how to drive a manual vehicle except for a few lessons in Georgia by friends and my cousin in West Virginia.

When James returned from Korea we purchased a Ford Espace which was practical at the time with the boys. My first ever car loan with financial support from James. Then Lulu arrived and the boys kept getting bigger. The two door Mini Cooper just wasn't in the cards. Then the Clubman arrived last year, and with the third door I was still hesitant. While all four of us could sit in one (thank you Washington, DC auto show) there wasn't much room for anything else. And this past May we upgraded to third row seating and heated seats with Lola, a Ford Freestyle, my "mom vehicle". The car loan got bigger. But the space was pretty good.

And today I received an email from Mini Cooper USA that they have just introduced a four door Mini Cooper called the Countryman in the United States. OH! and you can get one in an automatic.

Are they trying to make me crazy!?!?!?! I want to motor so badly.....damn you sensible thinking!!!

1 comment: