Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today I voted. Have you?

I hate to admit it, but today was the first time I have ever voted in a mid-term election. Seriously. And with the way things are going these days I will never miss a chance to vote ever again.

I have my sticker, but I haven't put it on. I really think that we should go to the ink on the index finger like they do in Afghanistan. That would be super cool! And it would stay around all day unlike our stickers which typically fall off your article of clothing after a couple of hours. And it would be more easy to spot folks who haven't voted and encourage them to vote. I wouldn't mock them unless they had a plausible excuse like early voting. If you are over the age of 18 you should be a registered voter.

Image from the Federal Voter Assistance Program (www.fvap.gov)


If you haven't voted yet today pollsare open until 1900 (7:00 PM)  in Virginia and until 2000 (8:00 PM) in Maryland and the District of Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment