Monday, March 15, 2010

Springing up babies....

When I awoke on Friday, March 12, 2010, there was a text message from my good friend Mary Kate sent at 4:34 AM:

"Release the Kraken! Alyce is on her way."

This was code for Mary Kate was in labor. While I haven't heard anything from the new momma since, she posted some photos of the cutie on her Facebook page (for the record I don't Facebook) and a cryptic posting which I believe means Alyce Adelaide weighed in over 8 lbs. and was over 20" in length. She has a full set of hair! And the cutest cheeks.

Now the funniest thing about Mary Kate having a baby is that among our small circle of friends from Mary Washington College, she was the last one we pegged to a) get married and b) have a baby. She is always full of surprises that Mary Kate is.....

We can't wait to meet Miss Alyce!!! Congratulations Mary Kate and Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment