Friday, March 26, 2010

Must Read: Pride and Prejudice

I Heart Mr. Darcy.

This is in reference to the fictional character Mr. Darcy, the hero for Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. In 1995 A&E and the BBC produced a six-hour version of “Pride and Prejudice” which quickly become a favorite mini-series of mine. I had taped it from TV, received the VHS set as a cherished Christmas present, purchased the two -disc DVD, and finally upgraded to the deluxe ten year anniversary DVD edition as another cherished Christmas present.

Amazingly enough, I had never actually read Pride and Prejudice. Until now. God I love my Kindle. It is amazing what a great read this was! And of course I had the many adaptations running through my head while I was reading, mostly Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Hands down the best representation of the character.

Please, please, please go and start reading Pride and Prejudice. And after that you have to start reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I just started reading it and will finish it in no time. Any book that has the following line is worth reading:

“His sisters were fine women, with an air of decided fashion, but little in the way of combat training.”

No comments:

Post a Comment