Tuesday, October 6, 2009

History Lesson: Coach Tim Kerr

My father, Tim Kerr, has been involved with rowing since the early 1960s from pulling the shells for Marietta College, coaching scholatisc (Marietta High School) to collegiate (University of Virginia and Jacksonville University) teams, and for the past several years as a National Rowing Association referree. Even my sister Nancy has now gotten the rowing bug and referree's alongside our father.

My mother just alerted me to the fact that the following photos of my dad are now part of UVA Men's Rowing website. And I wanted to share.

This photo was taken in 1968 when my father coached at UVA


This is one of my favorite photos of my father, I have stared at it in the hallway of my parent's house since I could walk. My sisters and I will be fighting over this photo. The funny thing is that I believe this was taken at  Marietta High School and not at UVA. Regardless, it is the classic image of Tim Kerr as a coach: vocal, impassioned, and animated.

1 comment: