Monday, October 26, 2009

Spark of Insanity

Last night James and I traveld to Baltimore to see Jeff Dunham in his Spark of Insanity comedy show. If you have never heard of Jeff Dunham he is a ventriloquist and stand-up comedian. But his puppets are no Muppets. I wasn't really all that excited about seeing Jeff Dunham to be honest. But James is a big fan, as are our friends Becky and Leo who we went to the show with, so I was just along for the ride and to drive.

After struggling to find find parking and weaving through the crowds to find Becky and Leo, I was first shocked to see the number of people attending this show. I had no idea where we were going, but the venue was no Warner Theater. There were at least 3,000+ people in attendence and you know me and crowds. When we squeezed into our seats (not for those with 19" bottoms) I wasn't looking forward to being stuck in that position for three hours. But as it turned out I was pleasantly surprised.

Brian "The Guitar Guy" Haner is Jeff's opening act and musical accompanist. He was a riot and an amazing guitarist. And I will be purchasing any CD of his on iTunes. Then after a 15 minute intermission (who would have thought you needed a 15 minute intermission at a comdedy show but these people knew their audience since you could purchase overly expensive bad beer and most had been waiting for over two hours drinking this overly expensive bad beer waiting for the show to start you want those bladders empty before the main act starts) Jeff made his appearance. As did Walter, Achmed the Dead Terriort, Peanut, Jose Jalapeno on a Stick, and Bubba J. James was laughing so hard he started coughing and good thing he bought me a bottle of water to offset his overly expensive bad beer and I just handed him the bottle. I was laughing .

And at one point I was crying I was laughing so hard. Crying. Tears running down my face. All over one word from Peanut because it reminded me of something Jaime once said. One word and I was reduced to tears and the folks surrounding us were looking at me curiously as to my reaction. I was little shocked at my reaction too.

I would highly recommend seeing Jeff Dunham live. It was a truely memorable event.

Focus.....

No comments:

Post a Comment