Monday, March 26, 2012

A close shave....

On Friday night I was out in Loundon County helping my dear friend artistically arrange items for a baby shower gift (and I don't think I did that bad of a job) she was giving so I got home rather late. As I was sitting in my car gathering my belongings to go inside the house I heard a tapping on the passenger side window and I saw James starting at me which scared the crap out of me. And then I realized that he had shaved his head!

For those of you don't already know, I fell in love with a bald James. After we met and he returned to Iraq we would instant message almost everyday and he had a photo of himself bald. That was the photo I stared at for months. So I prefer a bald James. However, James prefers to have hair during the winter months. So the compromise is that from April 1 to September 30 he is bald and from October 1 to March 31 he has hair. For the past two years he has shaved a week early. Of course this means the last week in September he'll want to stop shaving.

It is funny about people's reactions to James when he shaves and when he has hair. I much, much, much prefer him bald and tolerate the hair during the winter. But this is yet again another sure sign that Spring is here! My husband is bald again!!! Oh happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment