Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tilling the earth

Last night I gave James two options: finish painting the TV room and start on the stairs to the basement OR get the beds in the backyard cleaned up for future planting. He chose the opportunity to spend time outdoors. Which was cool with me as I got to put on my new overalls my mom got me for Christmas for gardening! I have been working on these beds for almost four years. They were a mess when I moved in and I have done battle every year to whip them into shape. It is starting to pay off.

There is something very soothing for me to work in a garden turning soil and letting my mind wonder to now where in particular. And very satisfying to turn an unruly flower bed into a tidy flower bed. The soil was still damp from rain earlier that day and as it turned I smelled such an amazing scent that was so settle that it was gone a second later.

My backyard has done a 180 and that patio is ready to receive visitors! Just waiting for the last few days of cool weather before planting. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'll just be sitting over here, waiting for my invitation! :D

    ReplyDelete